Thursday, January 26, 2006

Kerry to lead filibuster of Scalito


Is it possible that John Kerry has finally realized that those Democrats advising him to move to the right (who advised him in the last election how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory) have their heads up their proverbial asses.-Dan

This is from the Daily Kos
Filibuster Alito
by John Kerry

Do I support a filibuster? The answer is yes.

Yesterday Senator Kennedy and I spoke with our colleagues about it. I don't have a shred of doubt in my opposition to Sam Alito's nomination. I know Senator Kennedy does not either. He has truly been a great leader in the effort to oppose Judge Alito.

I spent a lot of time over the last years thinking about the Supreme Court and who America needs on the highest court in the land. So I don't hesitate a minute in saying that Sam Alito is not that person. His entire legal career shows that, if confirmed, he will take America backwards. People can say all they want that "elections have consequences." Trust me, more than anyone I understand that. But that seems like an awfully convoluted rationale for me to stay silent about Judge Alito's nomination.

(For more of Kerry's statement go to Kos)

(For more on the filibuster and what you can do, see Democrats.com/Alito 48)

No comments: